- A close-up lens designed to provide comfortable high magnification and longer working distance to fill light easily. Exclusively designed for underwater use to strive high image quality and using HR lens attains significantly compact lens body. The UCL-90 widely supports from a macro lens for full frame SLR system to a compact digital camera.
60mm-100mm range macro lens for full-frame SLR (*1)
40mm-60mm range macro lens exclusively designed for APS-C (*1)
45mm-60mm range macro lens (*1), standard zoom lens (*2) for Micro Four Thirds
Compact digital camera with maximum optical zoom 5x or less (*2)
(*1) Vignetting may be observed using for a housing system which has significantly long distance between camera master lens and port lens surface or this product and port.
(*2) Usable zoom range is between 60mm and 100mm (35mm film equivalent). Beyond this range, there will be vignetting at wider side and deteriorated image quality at telephoto side.
M67 Screw ring
Directly screwed in housing port
Directly screwed in housing
- Powerful magnification with focal length 90mm (+11 diopter).
The maximum magnification when using this lens with 100mm range macro lens for a full frame SLR system is x2.23 (area ratio x4.98) (*3) which delivers middle power in between "UCL-67 M67/UCL-67 LD" (+15 diopter) and "UCL-165M67/UCL-165 LD" (+6 diopter).
- While the UCL-67 delivers high magnification, it still offers long working distance. When using with 100mm range macro lens for SLR, working distance is 69mm (2.71in) at minimum focusing distance (*3).
Together with its compact size, the lens supports friendly lighting even at minimum focusing distance.
(*3) When using for AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED.
- Optically designed sole use underwater to effectively suppress aberrations in all focus range to deliver high contrast and sharp images despite of shooting distance. (*4).
(*4) This lens is designed solely for underwater use and using on land will not magnify a subject and will have distortion on image edge or or vignetting etc.
- Using HR glass makes lens size compact supporting wide range of camera system from 100mm range macro lens for SLR to compact digital camera (*5). Also compact lens body has less limitation of lighting enabling you to use wide variety of lighting techniques.
(*5) Usable zoom range is between 60mm and 100mm (35mm film equivalent). Beyond this range, there will be vignetting at wider side and deteriorated image quality at telephoto side.
- The lens is consists of 3 elements in 2 groups and effectively suppresses chromatic aberration by using achromat lens inside. Also anti-reflection coating on all lens surfaces suppresses flare/ghost.
- Optional "Lens Adapter Ring for UCL-67" is attached on the M65 screw thread of the UCL-67 allowing to stack INON M67 series, "UCL-165M67"/"UCL-330" on the front side of the UCL-67 to support even higher magnification for super macro imaging needs. (*6)
(*6) Any other higher magnification close-up lens, "UCL-67 M67"，"UCL-90 M67" or "UCL-100M67" are not recommended due to degradation of image quality.
- Lens mount is highly versatile screw type "M67 Mount".
- Optional "M67 Flip Mount Adapter for UCL-67" is available to replace with original M67 screw mount to use the lens on a flip mount such as Nauticam flip lens holder etc. This adapter allows the UCL-67 to locate close to housing lens port.(*7) (*8)
(*7) Not compatible with any flip lens holder with 57mm or less diameter such as SAGA etc. Use the lens as it is without using this optional M67 Flip Mount Adapter for UCL-67/90.
(*8) Original lens mount is replaceable by a customer using precision Philips screw driver to unscrew fixing screws.